Some seriously delicious banana bread, by a seriously talented dude – Joss McClelland.
Protein Nana Bread
Time: 2 Hrs
- 1.5 cups Protein Supplies Australia Vanilla Pea Protein
- 1.5 cups of organic spelt flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 4 incredibly ripe bananas
- 1 flax egg (1 heaped tbsp of flax to 3 tbsp water - mix - sit for five minutes)
- 4 tbps hemp oil
- 1 cap of vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup nut mylk (I used rice)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 10 dried dates and a little water (to make paste)
- Buckinis, cinnamon and mesquite powder to decorate (optional)
Preheat oven to 180°c. Line a loaf tin w baking paper and cooking spray (I used coconut oil).
Mash bananas in a large mixing bowl.
Sit dates (I used 10 small dried dates - I would suggest 15 for a sweeter banana bread) in boiling water. Blend with soup blender to create paste.
Add date paste to bananas, along with every other ingredient except protein powder, oatmeal and spelt flour. Mix.
Now sift in the protein, oatmeal and flour.
Pour into loaf tin and top with buckinis and sifted cinnamon and mesquite.
Bake for 70-85 minutes, checking with a skewer.
When done, leave in tin for 10-15 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.
Serve toasted/warm with coconut oil.